The Omaha Chapter of EWI offers the ADULT STUDENTS IN SCHOLASTIC TRANSITION (ASIST) scholarship program to help qualified adult applicants to achieve their academic goals.
- EWI established the Adult Student in Scholastic Transition (ASIST) to provide financial support to adult students who are going back to school or to complete their degree or training.
- Any applicant who has experienced a change in marital status, single parenthood, or any transitional situation, and is enrolled in a course of study at a university or college, is eligible to apply.
- The EWI Omaha chapter awards vary in amount. In addition, one successful applicant in the Chapter competition will have his/her application forwarded to the EWI Corporate competition where it will be considered for one of seven awards of varying amounts.
- Each chapter conducts their own ASIST program according to EWI Corporate criteria. Applicants must first apply through local Chapters.
- Every year, the start of the Chapter competition is in January and scholarship awards are announced in May.
If you are interested in applying please contact us at email@example.com
The ASIST (Adult Students in Scholastic Transition) scholarship is now available at the following secure link: https://app.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarship/asist2022. For more information, please see our informational sheet: ASIST_2022_Information Flyer.
Students who were unable to complete their higher education goals right out of high school, and are now striving as an adult to achieve their degree or certificate from a State University, Community College, Private College, or Trade School, are eligible to apply for this scholarship. It is available for residents of Douglas, Lancaster, Otoe, Sarpy and Washington Counties in Nebraska and Harrison, Mills and Pottawattamie Counties in Iowa.
We encourage applicants to start right away on the application process! All of the submittals (FASFA, Essay, 2 references, and transcripts) will need to be submitted before the application can be submitted. The due date is March 18, 2022 at 5PM CDT.
For more information or questions, please contact Kristin Gochenour at firstname.lastname@example.org.