The Omaha Chapter of EWI offers the ADULT STUDENTS IN SCHOLASTIC TRANSITION (ASIST) scholarship program to help qualified adult applicants to achieve their academic goals.
- EWI established the Adult Student in Scholastic Transition (ASIST) to provide financial support to adult students who are going back to school or to complete their degree or training.
- Students who were unable to complete their higher education goals right out of high school, and are now striving as an adult to achieve their degree or certificate from a state university, community college, private college or trade school are eligible to apply.
- Any applicant who has experienced a change in marital status, single parenthood, or any transitional situation, and is enrolled in a course of study at a university or college, is also eligible to apply.
- Each chapter conducts their own ASIST program according to EWI Corporate criteria. Applicants must first apply through local chapters.
- The EWI of Omaha chapter awards vary in amount. In addition, one successful applicant in the Chapter competition will have his/her application forwarded to the EWI Corporate competition where it will be considered for one of seven awards of varying amounts.
- Every year, the Omaha chapter starts accepting applications in January and the recipients are announced in May. Applicants need to be a resident of Douglas, Lancaster, Otoe, Sarpy or Washington Counties in Nebraska or Harrison, Mills or Pottawattamie Counties in Iowa.
Stay Tuned for the Application in January 2024!
For more information or questions, please contact Kristin Gochenour at firstname.lastname@example.org.