The Omaha Chapter of EWI offers the ADULT STUDENTS IN SCHOLASTIC TRANSITION (ASIST) scholarship program to help qualified adult applicants to achieve their academic goals.
- EWI established the Adult Student in Scholastic Transition (ASIST) to provide financial support to adult students who are going back to school or to complete their degree or training.
- Students who were unable to complete their higher education goals right out of high school, and are now striving as an adult to achieve their degree or certificate from a state university, community college, private college or trade school are eligible to apply.
- Any applicant who has experienced a change in marital status, single parenthood, or any transitional situation, and is enrolled in a course of study at a university or college, is also eligible to apply.
- Each chapter conducts their own ASIST program according to EWI Corporate criteria. Applicants must first apply through local chapters.
- The EWI of Omaha chapter awards vary in amount. In addition, one successful applicant in the Chapter competition will have his/her application forwarded to the EWI Corporate competition where it will be considered for one of seven awards of varying amounts.
- Every year, the Omaha chapter starts accepting applications in January and the recipients are announced in May. Applicants need to be a resident of Douglas, Lancaster, Otoe, Sarpy or Washington Counties in Nebraska or Harrison, Mills or Pottawattamie Counties in Iowa.
For more information or questions, please contact Kristin Gochenour at firstname.lastname@example.org.